Blox Visual Scripting
Blox is a Visual Scripting solution which helps you to add behaviour to objects via a drag-and-drop interface with interconnecting Blocks (actions) that responds on Events.
Coders will feel right at home with something which flow similar to how code works rather than linked-nodes. Even non-coders can use it without the hassle of programming syntaxes and rules.
Blox also includes various systems commonly needed in games, like handling how the game starts up, auto loading scenes, showing splash screens, handling the UI screens and windows, and saving/ loading a player session. Additional systems mnight be provided via plugins.
- Event based system
- Attach any number of Blox definitions to a GameObject
- Define Blox Properties (Variables) in a visual manner via the Blox editor and then set the values for those properties in the inspector similar to how you would with components
- There are Blocks for most of Unity’s runtime
- Ability to automatically create Block definitions for 3rd party APIs
- Even the functions from your own scripts can automatically turn into Blocks
- There is also an API for programming new Events and Blocks when you need more control
- Blocks for the Basic System and common Unity types, Flow control via conditions and loops, Maths operations, String, Arrays and Lists manipulation
- Support yield instructions like WaitForSeconds
- Easily add data to your Project via Global Variables or GameObject via the Object Variables components or Blox Variables
- Made for both coders and non-coders
- Popup help for Blocks help you quickly understand what it does
- Community of developers to help you out at forum.plyoung.com
- Blox are not scripts, making it harder to ‘decompile’ and view your game logic
- Customizable Blox Editor themes
- Script generator (C# code) for when you do want to turn Blox into Scripts
- Complete game systems like game saving, splash screens, or ever genre specific controllers, included or provided via plugins
Please have a look at the FAQ for more information